5 February 2021
What your booking engines are developing for COVID vaccinations
If the federal government is going to meet its October vaccination deadline it’s going to need things to go smoothly with GPs as it is estimated that during the vaccination period practices may need to accommodate up to 30% more appointments at any one time.
One of our largest booking engines, HotDoc, which claims it is used by over 18,000 Australian GPs and over six million patients, has sent TMR the following list of functionality it is building for its practices.
- Eligibility screening of patients during booking to ensure priority patients are seen in line with the government’s phased approach, automatically updated with the latest guidelines.
- Pre and post-appointment communications to patients to clarify on-site protocols, post-vaccine care and adverse reactions reporting.
- Digital consent forms and new patient forms that can be securely completed prior to appointment to minimise valuable time spent at the clinic.
- Appointment reminders to reduce no-shows.
- Ability to automatically schedule two providers (e.g.: a doctor and nurse) for each vaccination encounter for practices that use a tandem team approach to administer vaccines.
- Ability to manage vaccine appointment availability against stock levels.
- Help prepare practices through training materials for practice staff.