Dr Terri Foran and Dr Debra Kennedy discuss the potential effects.
In this episode:
- Whether you should stop (or change) an antidepressant drug if a woman wants to fall pregnant?
- The problems associated with applying conventional drug categories to drugs used in pregnancy
- What range of problems are associated with the use of Lithium in pregnancy?
- Where to get the best advice on potential effects of drugs used in pregnancy and while breastfeeding?
Host: Dr Terri Foran, sexual health physician; Conjoint senior lecturer, School of Women’s and Children’s Health, UNSW
Guest: Dr Debra Kennedy, clinical geneticist and paediatrician; Director of MotherSafe
Total time: 25 mins
– Beyond Blue
– The Gidget Foundation Australia
– Post and Antenatal Depression Association (PANDA)
– The UK Teratology Information Service
– ‘BUMPS’ – Best Use of Medicines in Pregnancy Patient Leaflets