Dr Terri Foran and Associate Professor Susan Evans discuss strategies to manage heavy bleeding and period pain.
- Recognising the red flags in the history of dysmenorrhoea in a young woman
- Strategies to manage heavy bleeding and period pain
- The recommended investigations in the management of period pain
- A new school-based initiative aimed at educating young women about period-pain – The Periods, Pain and Endometriosis (PPEPTalk) Schools Program
Host: Dr Terri Foran, sexual health physician; Conjoint senior lecturer, School of Women’s and Children’s Health, UNSW
Guest: Associate Professor Susan Evans, gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon; Specialist, researcher, educator, and advocate in pelvic pain
Total time: 32 mins
Listen to Part 1 – Pelvic Pain and Endometriosis – The Big Picture
- Pelvic Pain Association of Australia
- The PPEPTalk Program
- Endometriosis And Other Pelvic Pain: A comprehensive guide to all treatment options by Dr Susan Evans – available through Amazon, Booktopia
- Dysmenorrhoea is associated with central changes in otherwise healthy women, Vincent K, et. al.