8 February 2021

Clinical Takeaway: Assessing and managing concussion

Clinical General Practice Neurology

Dr David Lim speaks with Dr Rowena Mobbs about how best to handle a concussed patient.

In this episode:

  • Did you know only 10% of people with concussion have loss of consciousness and so the other 90% may not regard their head injury as a concussion?
  • What a GP should do on the first presentation of a person with possible concussion, red flags, what to monitor for, when to urgently refer
  • Clearance for return to work and/or sports

Host: Dr David Lim, GP

Guest: Dr Rowena Mobbs, Neurologist; Clinical Lecturer, University of Sydney; Adjunct Fellow Macquarie University

Total time: 38 mins

COVID-19 live update