Deputy CMO Government – High Profile Opportunity
- Deputy Chief Medical Officer.
- Canberra (essential).
- High-profile Government Department.
- Broad-based, clinical skills and experience.
- Hold a Fellowship with one or more Medical Colleges in Australia.
- Full & unconditional registration as a medical practitioner with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience within organisations managing health services in the public service or corporate sectors.
- Ability to obtain and maintain at minimum a Baseline security clearance.
- A broad awareness of global public health issues affecting Australia.
- Interest, training and experience in a relevant non-clinical domain, i.e. business, economics, law, administration, public policy etc.
- Interest in governance, assurance, quality management and development & administration of public health policy.
- First-class communication skills.
- Be an Australian Citizen.
- Undergo a formal job application process.
- Obtain and maintain the required AGSVA clearance + Employment Suitability Clearance.
- Reports to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Broad responsibilities across the Department and the ABF, and deputise as Chief Medical Officer when required (the two roles will work together closely).
- Assist with oversight of the medical officers and registered nurses of the CAT in Sydney and Canberra.
- The responsibilities of the Chief Medical Officer Branch are broad and complex, relevant areas include:
- Policy, Program & Service Development and Management
- Detention Health — both onshore and offshore
- Migration and Refugee Health
- Complex Case Management
- Staff Health and Wellbeing
- Clinical governance, assurance, safety and quality activities
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- If you have any queries about the position get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org