30 March 2020
Going viral: Your legal rights and obligations
A one-stop source of Coronavirus information for you and your patients as this rapidly evolving crisis unfolds.
Your legal rights and obligations regarding refusing patients, testing, self-isolation, close contact with confirmed cases in your clinic
In this episode:
- On what grounds can you refuse to see a patient? What kinds of signage can you put up?
- When to refer patients for testing; can doctors test themselves?
- Should you report patients who you think won’t get tested or self-isolate?
- How to avoid close contacts in your clinic, and what to do if it does happen.
- Will your insurance cover you for COVID-19 claims?
- Your legal obligations to your staff.
Host: Dr Harry Nespolon, GP and RACGP President
Guests: Dr Penny Browne, GP and Chief Medical Officer at medical defence organisation Avant; Georgie Haysom, Avant’s Head of Research Education and Advocacy
Total time: 17 mins