If you’re a fan of the peer support, education and advocacy facebook group, GPs Down Under, then you might like to check out their upcoming conference on the Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast from May 30 to June 1. As a reader of TMR you can use our exclusive promotional code for a further 15% off the current early bird rate (GPDU1815) to get full access to all days for only $582 plus GST).
Online the group is growing fast, with over 5,300 members, over 4,000 of whom engage online each week on the GPDU facebook pages.
Key program highlights of their first conference include:
- Complementary Medicine, General Practice and Social Media and the law – Ian Frekelton QC
- Medicare Homes, new business models and medicare
- The digital disruption or not, of general practice
- Meta-cognitive bias and making mistakes – failing gracefully
- General medicine in extreme environments – Antartica
- Social media, general practice and continuing medical education
- Assertiveness and boundaries in the management of difficult patients
- Portfolio career vs hobby doctors
- Emergencies in general practice
- Tribalism in medicine
- How many colleges and why?
The program also features clinical workshops and CPD including:
- GP Emergencies
- Palliative care
- Ultrasounds in GP gynaecology
- Starting out in GP research
- Drugs and Opiates
- And more…
Full program, speakers and instructions on submitting your own talk are on the site at www.gpdu.com.au. Use this code GPDU1815 (a 15% discount on normal tickets) , for your Medical Republic Reader Discount which applies even on top of the early bird rate. CLICK HERE to go directly to ticket sales, click on the green ticket button and use your code at the top of the screen. Any queries to [email protected]