The Australian Academy of Science in this recently published video explainer on the coronavirus aims to provide answers to some of the most FAQ from concerned patients.
Professor Robert Booy, infectious disease specialist, paediatrician and head of clinical research at the National Centre for Immunisation Research and surveillance, answers questions such as:
- What are COVID-19 symptoms?
- What does COVID-19 do to people?
- How long does it usually last? Who is most at risk?
- What are the chances of recovery?
- Can the flu injection prevent COVID-19?
- Should we stockpile toilet paper?